Are you serving brisket to 20 guests but don’t know how many pounds of brisket you need to buy and cook?
This calculator estimates the amount of brisket needed based on the following variables:
- Number of Servings: 1 – 1000
- Portion Size: 1 – 16 ounces
- Percentage Yield After Trimming & Cooking: 1% – 100%
- Many people report about 50% yield for cooked brisket.
- Yield goes down the more you trim the meat and the longer you cook it.
- Every piece of meat is different, so your results may vary.
- Always cook more than the estimated amount to account for big eaters and leftovers.
Thanks to Russell Y for suggesting this servings calculator. Thanks to Donna Fong of Butcher’s Daughter BBQ and TVWB Facebook followers for consulting on yields.
More Brisket Links On TVWB
- Brisket – High Heat
- Brisket – Smoked & Oven Finished
- Brisket – Midnight Cook
- Brisket – Wet Rub
- Whole Brisket – Central Texas Style Butcher Paper
- Brisket Flat – Central Texas Style Butcher Paper
- Burnt Ends – Kansas City Style
- Burnt Ends – Smoky, Sticky, Sweet
- Pastrami – Dry Cured
- Quick Pastrami – Smoked Corned Beef Brisket
- Brisket Selection & Preparation
- Using An Electric Oven To Hold Brisket At Temperature
- Camp Brisket 2020 Trip Report