Have you volunteered to make pulled pork sandwiches for 100 guests but don’t know how many pounds of pork butt you need to buy and cook?
This calculator estimates the amount of pork butt needed based on the following variables:
- Number of Servings: 1 – 1000
- Portion Size: 1 – 16 ounces
- Percentage Yield After Trimming & Cooking: 1% – 100%
- Many people report about 50% yield for pork butt, but some report as high as 70% yield.
- Yield goes down the more you trim the meat and the longer you cook it.
- Every piece of meat is different, so your results may vary.
- Always cook more than the estimated amount to account for big eaters and leftovers.
Thanks to Russell Y for suggesting this servings calculator. Thanks to Donna Fong of Butcher’s Daughter BBQ and TVWB Facebook followers for consulting on yields.
More Pork Butt Links On TVWB
- Pork Butt – Smoke & Spice The Renowned Mr. Brown
- Pork Butt – Slathered With Mustard & Rub
- Pork Butt – Chris Lilly Big Bob Gibson Championship Injection
- Pork Butt – Harry Soo Slap Yo’ Daddy Injection
- Pork Butt – Untrimmed Direct Heat
- Pork Butt – Buckboard Bacon
- Pork Butts In Foil Pans
- Pork Butt Selection & Preparation